- The theme of our City Fiesta this year is “Happy City, Happy Family”. For you, what is a happy family and a happy city?
The family is responsible to be the building block of a strong and a happy city. On the other hand, the city is responsible to protect the primary interest of the family, sustaining what is essential to life and happy living. Both are not mutually exclusive, but they are mutually inclusive!
2. Dagupan City is very known for her tastiest bangus. What other bangus product can you suggest to further boost the city’s bangus industry?
Dagupan City’s bangus is not just tastiest. Let us also find its nutritional impact to us and through the power of research and technology, let us find its health and medical implications if there is to prevent or cure sickness or diseases. Through this scientific and medical project, Dagupan Bangus will earn respect and recognition of the international community!
3. What one distinct quality are you looking for in the next president of the Philippines?
A leader must have a compassionate heart because this is the very foundation of good leadership and service to the needy public. It means deep down his or her soul he or she is sensitive, caring, and sincere to the voice of the people because (Vox Populi, Vox Dei) the voice of the people is the voice of God !
4. If you are one of the judges in this pageant, what will be the relevant question that you will ask to yourself and what will be your answer?
If I will be one of the judges tonight, I would ask “What is the relevance of a beauty pageant in a society?” So that people would know what and why are we having beauty pageants. …..
A beauty pageant is a celebration of beauty. It is an act of acknowledging and giving honor to the beauty that God has given unto us. It is also an effective means to campaign for social awareness of different social issues and problems that need our attention since the answers of the candidates would serve as pieces of good advice to the concerned public.
5. If I will be one of the judges tonight, I would ask “ What constitutes a true beauty queen?” I would answer…
A beauty queen is not just a beautiful woman, but also a beautiful person. A beauty queen for me has true beaut and that is anything that is towards the likeliness of God. It constitutes cleanliness of body and spirit, pureness of heart and soul and goodness of actions and deeds!
6. If you are to make a criteria for judging in a beauty pageant, how much percentage are you going to give for beauty and for intelligence?
I will give 30% for beauty and 70% for intelligence. Beauty is just skin-deep while intelligence may represent the beauty of character, the beauty of one’s heart and the beauty of one’s soul; because it is our intelligence that speaks our heart and soul’s desire!
7. Which is more important to you, being adored or being respected?
I would rather be someone who is respected. Being respected is far from just being adored. You may be adored because you look good, you dress well, or you talk well – and that is only outer beauty. But you only get respected when you have inner beauty and when you know how to respect the feelings and individuality of other people. And that is more important to me than just being adored because of your outer beauty!
8. If you are the next president of the Philippines, which of these 3 problems will you solve first: Education, poverty, or climate change?
It will be poverty. One cannot learn with empty stomach. And we cannot talk about climate change while families are busy earning a living to survive. We must first solve poverty to strengthen family. To afford education, and to successfully combat climate change!
9. What do you think is the biggest problem our world is facing in this times and how can you in your own little way help solve this problem?
It is poverty. I can make a difference by promoting, asking and helping the local organizations and government to have more livelihood training programs enhancing the entrepreneurship skills of the people. With that, business and employment will grow and we could lessen poverty and help our economy as well.