- During every after pageants, we have this what we call “kwentong bayan” (rumors), and it really sounds funny for me every time I hear some people mesmerizing that something unscrupulous happened and if that did not happened, their candidate was supposedly the winner. I consider that their intuitions are always right because of their expertise – to craft their own opinion in favor of their candidate who is their relative not to mention their being first year in watching a beauty pageant.
- I also do not understand why some candidates will fight to death and are very competitive. They even look like they value the crown more than the opportunity to become friends with the other candidates for a long time. They are ready to exchange having good memories with their fellow to a piece of minor award scarcely enough to buy them a good phone but not the respect of the entire beauty pageant delegates and the people around.
- Why is it that some looks so good but smells so bad when they open their mouth to crashed the reputation of some candidates? I just wished that candidates are also polished with social manners and are innately good but still some of the participants or even previous winners do not seem to show what a beauty is.
- Nothing could be so sacrificing than the girls who stay-up late at night to win the People’s Choice Award. Likewise, to the candidate whose family and relatives are ready to spend thousands just to top the Texters’ Choice Award.
Basically, these awards do not have any bearing at all. Although winning minor awards like these will give the candidate the chance to gain a little attention she will receive her award and have that spotlight on her for 15 seconds that had cost her family to spend 5, 000 to 10, 000 pesos for the text vote (Nyahahahaha). The candidate can also establish rapport to the awarding judge because she will have the chance to do a shakehand or a beso-beso (Filipino practice of dumping one’s cheek to the other).
I just hope that no one among the candidates and their family would screamed out loud and go wild if at first they thought that they topped the Texters’ Choice Award but have not because they did not know that on the last few minutes remaining for the text vote, one candidate and her family decided to buy the entire sponsoring telecommunication company. LOL 🙂
- How could I forget to mention bringing platoons of clappers. I do understand that, but when a candidate simply raises her one hand or both hands during her talent presentation, I do not understand why these platoons of clappers really have to shout out loud (Wow may pancit mamaya NYaahahaha) (Yes, we got some pancit later). What I mean is, I can also raise my hand and in fact, everyone can raise their hands too! Is it really that difficult? LOL 🙂 What about answering pageant interview questions that neither the host, judges, audience, or the candidate herself who answered it does not understand what she has actually spoken!?
- And ladies, please pay your make-up artists, handlers, talent scouts, managers PROPERLY 🙂 LOL! No haggling. Artists are professionals too.